So far, this has been a terribly serious blog. Yet as the Christmas season approaches and I melt in the 90 degree heat of Dar es Salaam, I’m feeling the need to lighten things up a little. As adapted from a chain email from my big sister, see the following list of fun things to do in a store when Christmas shopping starts to drive you crazy…
- Sneak lingerie into other people’s carts when they aren’t looking.
- Set the alarm clocks in the housewares section to go off and intervals.
- Dart around the store suspiciously while humming loudly the theme to Mission Impossible.
- Hide in a clothing rack and when people browse through, yell “PICK ME! PICK ME!”
- Go into a fitting room, shut the door, wait a while, and then yell, “Hey! There’s no toilet paper in here!”
Or, to avoid having to resort to these tactics at all, you could just go to Kiva.org and purchase a KIVA GIFT CERTIFICATE for your friends and loved ones, What a great way to show them you care by making them contribute to a great cause (and after they loan the money and it is repaid they can withdraw it from the system if they really want to…)! It’s truly the gift that keeps on giving… Happy holidays, folks. I miss everyone back home… Please send me updates, photos, stories, and love to keep me company in Dar es Salaam!